Utah Guns Forum banner

INFOWARS.COM: "Conn. cop: I will kick down doors to confisca

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  JoeSparky 
#1 ·
According to an Infowars.com news report (http://www.infowars.com/conn-cop-i-will ... scate-guns) today:

A Connecticut man revealed shocking comments made by a Branford police officer this week who has openly defended door-to-door gun confiscation.

After the tragic Sandy Hook shooting in 2012, Conn. lawmakers mandated that all 'assault rifles' and 'high capacity' magazines be banned, requiring all in circulation to be registered with the state. Fearing the obvious move towards confiscation, the vast majority of gun owners have refused to submit, with estimates finding less than 13 percent of rifles being registered.

Navy veteran and former firefighter John Cinque, who made national news after telling state lawmakers he would not comply with gun registration, briefly commented on the officer's statements in a discussion with gubernatorial candidate Joe Visconti last Friday.

'I've had contact with a police officer in my home town, I live in Branford, and his words straight out were, 'I cannot wait to get the order to kick your door in,'' Cinque said.

In an exclusive interview with Storyleak, Cinque further detailed the disturbing comments made by Branford Police Officer Joseph Peterson, one of the state's mostly highly decorated officers....

#2 ·
It's very disturbing. I believe most law enforcement agencies require their officers to take an Oath of Office, when they are sworn in, something to the effect of:
Oath of Office
I (state their name), do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution and laws of the State of ________, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, and defend them against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and that I will faithfully and diligently discharge, the duties of a peace officer, to the best of my ability, so help me God.
I guess the conflict of interest arises when the State law infringes upon the Constitution. I would think that the Constitution would be the Supreme authority and the State laws should support and not conflict with the Constitution.

Whereas the military's oath is:
I,________________, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;
for Enlisted it is followed by:
that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
and for Officers, it is followed by:
that I take this obligation freely without mental reservation or purpose of evasion; that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter.
In the case of the 2nd Amendment, the Constitution is recognizing a "God Given Right" as opposed to granting a "man made right."
:raisedbrow:

#3 ·
On the flip side, it seems there is a growing number of Conn police officers who are publicly refusing to enforce these unconstitutional laws. Supposedly there is a petition signed by 250 officers refusing to enforce them. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. At the end of the day, I sincerely hope the gov, politicians, and LEOs rethink their decision on this and reverse these unconstitutional laws before the American people decide enough is enough.

http://www.examiner.com/article/conn-po ... w-gun-laws

#4 ·
B Cart said:
On the flip side, it seems there is a growing number of Conn police officers who are publicly refusing to enforce these unconstitutional laws. Supposedly there is a petition signed by 250 officers refusing to enforce them. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. At the end of the day, I sincerely hope the gov, politicians, and LEOs rethink their decision on this and reverse these unconstitutional laws before the American people decide enough is enough.

http://www.examiner.com/article/conn-po ... w-gun-laws
Or before some gung-ho LEO kicks down the wrong door and gets some lead for his trouble. Imagine how many gun owners would be up in arms, either literally or figuratively, if the headline on CNN read "Armed man resists gun confiscation, 2 dead including officer".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.