Utah Guns Forum banner

Rimfire Scope

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MarshallDodge 
#1 ·
My eyes pretty much suck and I would like to enjoy shooting my .22 more by being able to actually see out 50-100 yards or so. As it is i am pretty much shooting at a giant blur. That said This is just for basic plinking and I don't want to spend a lot. I know I could go to Walmart and get a cheap Tasco or something and maybe that's the answer but I thought id start here first.

Gun: Remington Nylon 66.
Mount Type: Dovetail
Range: 50-100 yards
Price: Cheap

Also if any of you happen to have some old cheap scope that might work just sitting around gathering dust and want to give it a new home tell me what it is and what you want for it. I have no reference to compare whats good but something better than paper towel center roll and duck tape.

Thanks

#2 ·
I was given a Ruger 10/22 a few years ago by my brother. It has a Bushnell Banner scope on it. I don't know which model it is, but they are reasonably priced. Amazon has them for $65-120 or so depending on which model you get. I'm sure there are other good models out there, but you don't need an amazing scope for a .22. But hey, you could always snag a Leupold VX-3 or something like that if you want a decent scope. :thumbsup:

#4 ·
gskip33 said:
I have a Nikon prostaff 3-9x rim fire I don't need any more if you want it.

$50?
I might be interested in that. Does come with rings that might fit a dovetail mount? Otherwise i have been looking at conversion rings to picatinny.

#6 ·
Ok, I'll plan for that then. I've check on my finances as the wife has been at my account this week and I'll get back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
When shopping for a rimfire scope, look for something that will focus down to 25 yards or closer. Many rifle scopes meant for hunting, etc. don't focus that close because they are meant for 100+ yard shooting.

Nikon makes a good scope and that sounds like a sweet deal that gskip is offering you. 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.