Utah Guns Forum banner

Powder locator thread

13K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  jobot 
#1 ·
Seeing that some on here are trying to find powder for reloading, I thought it might be helpful to start a thread to help them. If you are in need of powder then you could post the kind you are looking for here. Those of us that have some in our personal stash, or know of a store that has some in stock, could respond.

I am looking for IMR 8208XBR in 8 pound containers. UPDATE: I am have found the 8208XBR that I was looking for but we can keep this thread open for others that are on the lookout for a particular powder.

#3 ·
Check Sportsman's Warehouse for 8208 8-lb.
Yesterday, I saw the last local 8-pounder sell (Pocatello), but we can't be the only store that got any.

I'm on the lookout for some powders that are even harder to find:
Nobel/Vectan Ba6, SP3, and Tubal2000.
Norma 200 and 201.
VV N120 and N130

(I know some of them are available online, but I can't afford quantities to justify the hazmat fee, at the moment.)

#5 ·
FrankenHollow said:
Check Sportsman's Warehouse for 8208 8-lb.
Yesterday, I saw the last local 8-pounder sell (Pocatello), but we can't be the only store that got any.

I'm on the lookout for some powders that are even harder to find:
Nobel/Vectan Ba6, SP3, and Tubal2000.
Norma 200 and 201.
VV N120 and N130

(I know some of them are available online, but I can't afford quantities to justify the hazmat fee, at the moment.)
Thanks for the tip.

I know Graf has the powder you are looking for but like you said, it comes with a hazmat fee. :x

#6 ·
MarshallDodge said:
Thanks for the tip.

I know Graf has the powder you are looking for but like you said, it comes with a hazmat fee. :x
Thanks for the tip.
I didn't know that Graf's was selling the Nobel/Vectan line, now.
However, the only things they have in stock, from my list, are Norma 200 and 201. ...And I can get that elsewhere (direct from the distributor), including the hazmat fee, for the same price.

I see that they do have some Norma 203B in stock, though. If anyone is looking for a good, clean, consistent rifle powder for intermediate cartridges and some .30-06-class bullet/cartridge combinations, that's a nice one to keep around.
It's roughly equivalent to Varget, H380, VV N140, RL-15, and Ramshot Big Game (might actually be the same powder as Big Game and RL-15).
You sometimes just have to dig a little deeper for load data.

There's also plenty of Norma 204, which is in the 4350 / 4831 / 3100 / N140 / W780 / RL-19 / Ramshot Hunter burn rate class. Great powder for some intermediate cartridges, and many .30-06-class cartridges.

#11 ·
Thanks for the lead Doctor Jenks. This came right on the heels of me making a trade earlier today for some 8208.

Besides, Cabela's is pretty proud of that stuff as Powder Valley gets $165 for 8 lbs. I have a $25 coupon but it is only good for in store purchases.

#12 ·
Jake60 said:
Good thread idea.
I've been hunting for winchester 231 / hp 38 for a year it seems.
I've had to resort to Titegroup. And even that's almost gone.
If anyone has seen any of these I'd love to know where.
Titegroup shows up a lot at Gunnies, Sportsmans in Provo, and Discount Guns in Provo but it goes quickly. If you want to take a drive, the ACE Hardware in Delta has a bunch of 1lb and a couple of 4lb jugs of titegroup as of this afternoon. I haven't seen any 231 for a while.

Matt

#14 ·
Sportsmans Warehouse in Riverdale has quite a bit of Norma powder- MRP, 201, 217, 203B, 200, URP, 202, and 204 were in stock yesterday evening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.