Utah Guns Forum banner

AR's done!

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Creek 
#1 ·
Finally done. Taking it out today to test fire and sight in.

See less See more
#4 ·
That's a good looking rifle! Nice job!

#8 ·
Rain ruined my plans to shoot outside. So I hit Get Some this evening and used their range. Loaded 2 rounds into the mag to test it. Both rounds ejected with no case or rim damage and the bolt catch worked. So no major timing problems with the gas system. I'm running a standard weight buffer.
Sighted in without a bench :( at 25 yards. Held my group 1 inch low so it should be close to a 50 yard zero. I felt so spoiled sighting in with a red dot sight then using the dot to set the irons.
The only downside to the rifle is shooting indoors with a muzzle brake/compensator. Everyone was looking around trying to figure out who was throwing fire balls and blowing out ear drums. Luckily they got distracted by someone mag dumping fully autos. The good side is that with a mid-length gas system and muzzle brake there is hardly any noticeable recoil and the muzzle rise is nil. First 100 rounds down.

Cleaned it good when I got home. The NiB bolt and ceracoating made the job fast. Everything just wiped off. Only scrubbing was behind the rings where a little carbon started to build up. The polygonal riffling is really tight and hard to get a brush down. I had to rip my patches in half for it to work.

Overall. I'm in love with this rifle. I researched every part that went on it and I couldn't be happier with how it has performed so far. Now it's time to start building a Grendel upper, and maybe a .300 blackout SBR/pistol, and then an AR-10 variant in 6.5 creedmoor. I think I'm addicted.

#9 ·
sweet lookin setup... i'm jealous and excited for you too... i'm still saving funds for a pocket pistol then it is time to save for an AR15. I'm planning on buying a COLT then just switching out a few things to customize it a tad to get the look i want but will keep it mostly stock.

Congratz!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.