I need some help

This is an area to discuss general issues regarding firearms.

Re: I need some help

Postby Hawk87 » Mon 04 Mar 2013 11:06 am

Sam Fidler wrote:One shooting problem that I have seen almost exclusively with the Glock is what we call frame drag. Frame drag is when your trigger finger drags along the frame above the trigger or along the trigger guard and pushes the gun to one side or the other while you pull the trigger. Right handed shooters will see their shots pushed to the left. You may need to adjust your grip slightly to correct the problem.

The reason this is so common on the Glock is because of the lower barrel to grip height. This may help mitigate recoil but it also requires your trigger finger to point down at an unnatural angle. This is even more common among shooters with big fingers.

So after reading this, I did some dry fire and noticed that my finger was rubbing the frame. Interested, I went to the range today (after managing to find some ammo) and sure enough, my problem of pushing to the left is gone.

I own you one Sam...
All it takes for evil to succeed in the world is for good men to do nothing
Hawk87
Sniper

Postby D-FIN » Mon 04 Mar 2013 2:47 pm

sarahbn wrote:
Snurd wrote:Most right handed shooters will left and low. There are some techniques to help fix that.

Please share! I can hit stuff with my husband's carry gun, but with mine I'm way off to the left, and I can't change the sights because it's an LCP.

I am no expert but I did shoot somone's LCP recently and from my little experience it could just be that extra looooooong trigger pull. I actually did pretty good with it at 15 ft or so, I was kinda suprised.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sharp Shooter

Postby Sam Fidler » Wed 06 Mar 2013 9:33 am

Hawk87 wrote:So after reading this, I did some dry fire and noticed that my finger was rubbing the frame. Interested, I went to the range today (after managing to find some ammo) and sure enough, my problem of pushing to the left is gone.

I own you one Sam...

Happy to see another satisfied customer. Just keep that in mind since I will be starting my security/training company soon. Expect to see classes begin in July.
"I have sworn upon the altar of God Eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson, 1800
http://www.The-Palladium-Group.com
Sam Fidler
Sniper

Previous

Return to General Firearms