Utah Guns Forum banner

Ka-Bar ZK series Blades

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ruminus 
#1 ·
Hey all;

Just got my first 2 ZK (Zombie Killer (we have no zombie smilies?)) series knives in today. The tanto is the Famine and the, well, chopper thingy is the Chop Stick. Thought I'd share some pictures and impressions since the forum search didn't show anyone else had.

These things are SICK! Full tang, 1/4" thick on the spine. Nice and heavy, but well balanced. Both have a rear hook on the grip for a little more security in your mitts, but it does make things a little awkward (such as when reversing grip on the tanto). Feels like a Cerakote or something similar on the blades. They're made of SK5 steel, and all the ZK series fixed blades come with the green grips (Toxic Green, according to Ka-Bar), black grips, and a nifty little Acheron skeleton knife. The scabbards are covered in MOLLE loops and have pretty sizable stuff sacks on them, as well as leg tie downs.

Razor sharp out of the box, and appear to be very high quality, just as all the blades I've ever seen from Ka-Bar have been.

I wasn't planning on completing the series, but these were amazing, so I just might. :dancing:

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.