Utah Guns Forum banner

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Pistol Pete 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I have NOT needed to draw or fire my self-defense tools. But, I have still used them for effective self-defense.

Dusk or slightly later in a large box store parking lot in Albequerque, NM ( wish I knew how to spell that city name) I was alone at the back of my Honda Trike rearranging some to make rooom for purchases being made by a couple of friends. As I am doing this, I see a guy sauntering over towards me but looking over both shoulders and about as if looking for possible witnesses. At this point he hasn't seen my OC'd firearm on my strongside hip.

I subtly, or not, reposition myself so that the parking lot light can reflect and glint off the firearm. Almost immediately after I do this he gets a surprised look on his face and abruptly changes direction and leaves the area.

I did not have to draw or fire just him seeing it convinced him this short fat gray haired diabetic was not such an easy target as he initially presumed.
:thumbsup:

#3 ·
I have had similar reactions when open carrying. A couple of times the fact that I had a visible firearm kept me from
harm with no need to draw or make mention of the piece. Once the perp, or perps, see the gun they lose interest in
coming closer. That is one plus for open carry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.