Utah Guns Forum banner

Rocky Mountain Raceways

12K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  althor 
#1 ·
Now I know that a boycott usually means taking your money elsewhere. However, for race fans like myself, this is not possible in Utah. When we arrived, I took notice of a sign prohibiting weapons, and my dad told me the usually check people for them. So I did the unthinkable! I concealed my sidearm! :shocked: I know, I know. I should have just turned and immediately left to show my support for lawful gun owners. But since there is no other racing venues in Utah, and the distance I traveled to see this event, I decided to put my permit (and civil disobedience) to use. When it came time for us to leave, I carried openly out past the staff that was supposed to check for weapons. One gentleman gave me a confused look, but nobody else seemed to notice. Just before leaving, I snapped this photo of a GIANT sign that prohibits lawful possession of a firearm.

See less See more
#5 ·
Someone should call the Raceway and then tell them that you are arranging for a party for UCCDC and you would like to make reservations for a big party we want to organize. You need to tell them that there will be about 500 people and we will need lots of food and reserved seating.

As they are salivating over the reservation, make note to clarify that UCCDC stands for UtahConcealedCarry.com and that of course we will all be armed.

When they tell you of their policy, tell them how sorry you are but that you will have to take your business elsewhere and find some other sporting activity to take us all to.

As I see it, that is about the best way to get their attention.

Tarzan

#6 ·
SGT Jensen said:
Ah, yes. A Larry H. Miller venue. Now there's a good alternative for gun owners. :lol3:
Haha I didn't even think about that part. I've never noticed a sign prohibiting firearms but I don't really look for them either since i conceal and don't really care about the signs. I'm sure they are there just like all his other places. I'm still cracking up about how you concealed past the signs.

#10 ·
I would love a group activity at RMR or even LHM raceway out in Tooele for this and the OCDO group...
Have to be next year though... I think the season is OVER for now!

#13 ·
I know this is an old thread. However, there has been a management change at RMR (for the better) since this thread was last posted to. That sign is gone, hasn't been there for awhile. And I think the new management isn't necessarily supportive of that sign returning.

#17 ·
I was out here recently and I didn't see any sign, but didn't really look for it (I love living in Utah where signs have no force of law). After I handed over tickets for me and a friend that was with me, one of the security staff sounded very nervous/forceful asking me what was in the leather case. I told him that it was just a leatherman, opened the cover to show him, another person said "It is just a multi-tool". The first person then said it is ok but to leave it in its case.

I emailed the security director to ask about the policy on weapons and firearms and he indicated there are signs at both entrances and they do not allow any weapons on site.

I am going to have to drive by to look for the signs to confirm.

I am trying to decide how best to reply to the latest email, in support of our rights without being to forceful or saying that the security is a joke, for freaking out about my leatherman, but missing everything else.

#18 ·
jktseug said:
I was out here recently and I didn't see any sign, but didn't really look for it (I love living in Utah where signs have no force of law). After I handed over tickets for me and a friend that was with me, one of the security staff sounded very nervous/forceful asking me what was in the leather case. I told him that it was just a leatherman, opened the cover to show him, another person said "It is just a multi-tool". The first person then said it is ok but to leave it in its case.

I emailed the security director to ask about the policy on weapons and firearms and he indicated there are signs at both entrances and they do not allow any weapons on site.

I am trying to decide how best to reply to the latest email, in support of our rights without being to forceful or saying that the security is a joke, for freaking out about my leatherman, but missing everything else.
That's what you get for OCing a Leatherman. Way to go. :nilly:

It's been a number of months since I've been there, and I have only been there twice, but I remember seeing the sign at least once that they didn't allow firearms. They didn't have any wands though. :dunno:

#19 ·
Snurd said:
jktseug said:

That's what you get for OCing a Leatherman. Way to go. :nilly:

It's been a number of months since I've been there, and I have only been there twice, but I remember seeing the sign at least once that they didn't allow firearms. They didn't have any wands though. :dunno:
Well, I guess he can write his letter and push them to start wanding I suppose.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.