Utah Guns Forum banner

Groupon

7K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Crash 
#1 ·
Groupon has announced that they are cancelling all current or future deals relating to firearms or shooting.

Here is the message I just sent to them:

Due to your decision to cancel all perfectly legal firearm and shooting related deals. I hereby direct you to delete my account and remove all records containing or linked to my name or email address. Companies who choose to support the violation or destruction of the rights guaranteed by United States Constitution are offensive to the freedoms protected by this great nation and to all people who love liberty.

Verify that this action has been completed and then NEVER contact me again.

#2 ·
That's too bad. The only Groupon I ever purchased was one to Al's Sporting Goods which I used to buy ammo. :lol:

#3 ·
From the LA Times:
Groupon Inc. is canceling all its firearm offers a month after the shooting massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School last month in Connecticut.

"All scheduled and current gun-related deals featured on Groupon North America, including shooting ranges, conceal-and-carry and clay shooting, have been placed on hiatus while we review internal standards that shape the deal inventory we feature," said spokeswoman Julie Mossler in an emailed statement Monday.

"The category is under review following recent consumer and merchant feedback," she wrote.

The Chicago company didn't explain why it made its move or how long the shutdown would last.

Expired gun deals displayed on the site from last year have proved immensely popular. One bargain for up to 58% off a shooting range package in Atlanta was purchased by more than 1,000 people.

Groupon is far from the first company to back away from any dealings with weapons in the aftermath of the Connecticut tragedy.

Private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management said last month that it is selling its investment in Freedom Group, which produces the Bushmaster line of firearms. A Bushmaster rifle was used in the Dec. 14 attack.

Outdoor products retailer Cabela's stopped offering the rifle at its Connecticut store. Dick's Sporting Goods pulled modern sporting rifles from all its locations.
http://www.latimes.com/business/money/l ... 1048.story

#5 ·
Me too. Groupon is nothing more than a spam engine anyway. No matter how many times I would adjust me email settings, they kept coming.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

#8 ·
Did anyone else catch the media sponsored, and presumably believed, comment concerning a Bushmaster having been used at Sandy Hook when clearly that is a false comment?

#9 ·
Don't know about the confirmation of the brand but an AR-15 was used. Despite repeated efforts of some to dispute that fact via various Youtube clips, the official record is that most of the wounds were by a .223. First was the big long video that tried to disprove many things, now another video is going around with some media stating that there was actually no rifle involved. People are trying to claim the video was from just a few days ago when in fact it originated just after the shooting but before the ME's statement to the Press where he stated that the majority of the wounds were from a .223.

Maybe he was wrong but I have not seen one report dated after that ME statement that contradicts him. Stopping sales was a knee jerk reaction but the reason for the knee jerk reaction is correct even if the action is not.

#12 ·
I unsubscribed from all their emails a long time ago, to what email address did you send the request to delete your account?

#15 ·
Also found an email address. Email to this address is how to cancel your account.

EDIT: Actually include the email address...

support@groupon.com

My email:

Due to your ridiculous policies directly opposed to my second ammendment rights, I want you to delete my account immediately and remove my email address from any future contact lists. I'm ashamed to have ever bought from Groupon. Do not contact me again beyond confirmation of removal of my account.

#17 ·
Here is the email I received from Groupon when I told them to delete my account.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

We understand that this is a sensitive topic, and that some of our customers may not agree with our choice to pause the promotion of firearm-related deals. Groupon has always aimed to offer a diverse range of products and services to meet the various tastes and interests of our subscribers. However, at this time, enough customers and merchants have voiced their opinions that we believe a hiatus is warranted.

Please note that we have never sold guns, and this hiatus only applies to firearm-related deals including shooting ranges, clay pigeon shooting, and concealed weapons training classes. We have not made a final determination regarding this category -- we are simply taking a break and may reevaluate in the future.

Per your request, I've unsubscribed this email address. You will stop receiving Groupon promotional emails within 48 hours. I can also close your account, but I want to be sure you're aware that once it is closed, you will no longer be able to access previously purchased vouchers on Groupon.com, and any existing Groupon Bucks will be voided. Please let me know if you would like to proceed.

We genuinely appreciate your opinion and the feedback you've given us. I'll be sure to share your comments with the appropriate people.

Regards,

Liam W
Groupon Customer Support
In short, I told them to not to close my account, but to delete it, and that I would not support them ever again because of their actions.

(Sent from iSnurd)

#18 ·
I got that same email and replied that I did, in fact, want them to delete my account. Here's what I got the second time:
groupon said:
Hi Ben,

I have deleted your account. We appreciate your perspective and will be sure that your feedback is communicated to the appropriate parties.

Regards,

Groupon Customer Support

#20 ·
Me too! I wonder if they are realizing that supposed complaints that they received against gun ads are now being outweighed by cancelled accounts. :grin:

Sent from my phone via tapatalk...

#21 ·
I got my reply this afternoon, but it said that my account was deleted. No further attempts to string me along. Maybe they are getting the hint. I was really hoping they did try to give me one last chance so I could tell them where to put those bonus points or whatever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.